Monday, April 11, 2011

Business Trippin'



Hey friends!


As mentioned in Saturday's post (#50--woo-hoo!), I'm taking this week off from posting new Pipe Dope. Again, the reason is twofold: one, I'm in Vegas most of the week, attending a trade show for my actual job at the magazine; and two, when I get back to Los Angeles, I want to build up a few days of buffer again before pressing on. Also, 50 posts seems like a nice place at which to catch my breath.

Naturally, though, I want to keep you all entertained, and so I'm throwing a bunch of content into this post that you can hopefully take some time going through. (Or you can just tune back in next Monday for #51.) To begin, there's the photo above of good ol' G the D, and here's his right-hand bear, Buff:


In case anybody has any interest in my process, I've also taken poor quality cell-phone photos of my thumbnails for you to look at. The detail in the photos ain't great, but then again, the detail ain't great in the original thumbnails, either. Anyhow, you might notice that some weeks I figure things out pretty much right off the bat, and other weeks I play around with a handful of ideas before committing to a definite plan. Here are the thumbails for weeks 1 through 10, in chronological order:


And here's a look at all 50 posts to date, all in one crazy photo:


I hope you enjoyed this peek behind the curtains. Thanks as always for taking some time out of your day for Pipe Dope, and please check back next Monday, the 18th, for #51!

2 comments:

  1. Lot of work, man. Keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for the encouragement! It means more than I can say to know that folks are not just reading Pipe Dope but actually want to see it through to the end. More Pipe Dope is on the way!

    ReplyDelete